Before the restoration:
1. First I removed all the components.
2. I dry cleaning the components as best as I could with a toothbrush.
3. I soaked all the rusted screws and bells in white vinegar for some times andcleaned them with the toothbrush, I also had to use a fine sandpaper to clean the rusted bell.
4. I removed the old chipping paint of the base using a steel wire brush on an angle grinder.
5. I then painted back the base with 3 layers of some glossy black spray paint.
6. Then I reassembled everything.
7. Since I didn’t have the original back cover I decided to make one with some leftover metal sheet. not the prettiest but still do the job! 😉
Now the phone is in perfect working order and I love to hear that ring eh!